Naval Ravikant is an entrepreneur who posted a series of tweets on Twitter about how to get rich without getting lucky.
It’s a long post so I figured I’d share my favorite 5 parts that I got the most value from:
1. Seek wealth, not money or status. As Naval describes it, wealth is having assets that earn while you sleep. While money is how we transfer time and wealth, and status is your place in the social hierarchy.
2. You’re not going to get rich renting out your time. You must own equity – a piece of a business – to gain your financial freedom.
3. Learn to sell. Learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable.
4. Embrace accountability, and take business risks under your own name. Society will reward you with responsibility, equity, and leverage.
5. If you can’t code, write books and blogs, record videos and podcasts. This is media that works for you while you sleep.
For the original tweetstorm from Naval, click here.